Moo Guk (Korean Radish Soup)
Easy, healthy and mild. Moo guk goes with with spicy Korean banchan since it's mild tasting.
- l/2 lb beef (beef stew meet, rib meat, or beef flank meat)
- glug of sesame oil
- 2 tsp of minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tbsp of Korean style soy sauce-not too dark (guk ganjang 국간장)
- 5 cups of water
- 1 medium sized white Korean radish (moo 무), approx 1 l/2lb – 2lb
- 2-3 stalks chopped green onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- Soak the meat in cold water for 10-15 minutes to get some of the blood out. Cut meat thinly and brown in a stock pot with sesame oil, garlic and ginger.
- Add Korean style soy sauce, water and bring to a boil for about 10 min. Reduce heat and cook until the meat is tender but not too soft.
- Add the white radish and boil about 5 minutes. Before serving add the green onion, salt and pepper to taste.
Serving Size: 6-7
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 30 minutes