Spicy Sake Marinated Salmon with Plum & Red Jalapeno Glaze
This is a fantastic summer dish as it is best eaten cold. On the weekend I like to cook several meals to be eaten during the week and this recipe is one of our favorites.
- 1-1/4 pounds wild caught salmon
- juice & zest of 2 limes
- 1/4 cup basil flavored olive oil
- 1/4 cup (unfiltered) sake
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1 teaspoon crushed ginger
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons plum sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 red jalapeno, seeded & minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese 5 spice powder
- Place salmon in a deep dish.
- In a bowl, whisk together lime juice, basil olive oil, saki, sesame oil, seafood seasoning and ginger.
- Pour over fish and allow to marinate at room temperature for 15 minutes, turning once or twice.
- In a small saucepan, combine the hoisin sauce, plum sauce, soy sauce, honey, jalapeno, basil and Chinese 5 spice powder. Simmer (stirring frequently) for 5 minutes.
- Heat a grill pan (skillet with ridges) to medium high.
- Remove salmon from marinade (discarding liquid) and grill for 4-6 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a clean dish and brush both sides liberally with sauce.
- When fish reaches room temperature, cover and chill for 6 hours.
- Serve cold with a summer salad of grains and vegetables
Serving Size: 4-6
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 30 minutes