Ojinguhchae Muchim (Seasoned Dried Squid)
This side dish, made from dried, shredded cuttlefish (a type of squid) is both slightly sweet and spicy. Look for the dried cuttlefish in the dried aisles of Korean markets -- it's light-colored (yellow).
- 5 oz dried, shredded squid/cuttlefish (ojinguh 오징어)
- 4 tbsp corn syrup (mulyeot 물엿)
- 5 tbsp mayonnaise
- 6 tbsp hot pepper paste (gochujang 고추장)
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sesame seed
- Cut the dried shredded squid in the middle once or twice (you can also tear to make thinner shreds if you want). Add mayonnaise to the dried squid, mix and set aside for 20-30 minutes.
- Add hot pepper paste to corn syrup and mix well. Add marinated squid and mix well to coat the hot pepper paste mixture evenly.
- Add sesame oil, mix and sprinkle with sesame seeds for garnish.
Serving Size: 4-5
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 15 minutes