Ogokbap (Korean Five Grain Rice)
- 4 cup of white rice
- 1 cup of hulled sweet millet (chajo 차조)
- 2 cup of sweet rice
- l/2 cup of black soybean (gumjunggong 검정콩)
- 1 cup of red soybean (pat 팥)
- Wash red and black beans together; soak for an hour or so. Cook together for short time – when it starts boiling, simmer for 10 minutes.
- Mix the sweet rice and white rice together and wash, soak for l/2 hour. Wash cha jo separately, wash carefully until clear water comes out – use fine siever in washingnot to get all the small grains leak out.
- Mix rice, beans, and millet. Put water to cover, and about 1" above the mixed grains. If more water, it will turn mushier rice. If you are cooking in a rice cooker, it will take care of it auto. On a stove top cooking – cook(covered) until it boils stirring once or twice, and when it boils turn heat down to low and cook additional 20 min-30 min. Turn it off and leave it on for 10 min for additional cooking on residual heat. When it is done, mix all the grains gently and serve while hot.
Serving Size: 4
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 30 minutes