The origins of peanut sauce is unknown. Peanut sauce is widely used in many Asian cultures (Thai, Chinese, Indonesia). This simple and easy recipe can be used as a dressing for Chinese Sesame Noodles or as a sauce for Chicken Satay.
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup hot water (not boiling)
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey (you may need to add more)
- Crush peanuts, for garnish
- In a medium bowl, thoroughly mix together the 5 ingredients.
- If you let the sauce sit for awhile, it will thicken and you may need to thin it out with water.
- If you want to add hot spice to your sauce, you can sparingly add Sriracha sauce.
Serving Size: 4
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 10 minutes