Myulchi Garu (Anchovy Powder)
Myulchi garu is used in many recipes for seasoning stock, side dishes and other uses. It's good to have on hand, so I like to make a lot and freeze or keep in the refrigerator in a jar.
- 1 package of dried white anchovy, medium sized
- Remove guts and tails off from the dried anchovy (leave the heads on).
- On a skillet, lightly brown the anchovies on low heat, removing as much moisture as possible from the dried anchovy.
- Using a food processor, grind anchovies finely.
- Store powdered anchovy in a container or a small jar – store in a refrigerator, can keep it for a long time. Add a spoonful of this powder for various seasoning of soups or some vegetables.
Serving Size: n/a
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 15 minutes