Jat Juk (Pine Nut Porridge)
Pine nuts porridge is considered healthy and pine nuts have a lot of nutrients and vitamins (vitamin A, C & D). Try this porridge for breakfast or for lunch accompanied by some banchan (side dishes).
- 1 cup rice, washed and soaked
- 5 cups of water
- ½ cup pine nuts
- 1 tbsp pine nuts for garnish
- dash salt (1 tsp)
- dash sugar (1 tbsp) (optional)
- Soak rice for at least 1/2 hour.
- Put soaked rice into the blender and add 1 cup of water – grind finely. Pour out and set aside.
- Wash pine nuts. Grind washed nuts finely in the blender with 1 cup of water.
- Pour ground rice in a pot, add 3 more cups of water and bring to a boil stirring constantly – simmer until it becomes clear mixture, for about 10 minutes.
- Add ground pine nuts, bring to a boil once again and then turn off the heat. Add dash salt and sugar, mix well.
- Put the finished soup in a bowl, and garnish with 4-5 pine nuts on top. Serve warm. Optional: you can top with jujubes (dates).
Serving Size: 5-6
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 30 minutes