Gul Jeon (Fried Oysters)
Gul (굴) means oysters and jeon (전) is the class of fried pancake-like foods. This dish, also called gul buchim, is an easy preparation of oysters, Korean style, that showcases their naturally rich flavor.
- 10 oz oysters (small to medium sized) - usually I use pre-shucked oysters
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp ginger juice
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- dash black pepper
- Wash oysters in salted water and strain. If oysters are too big, you can cut it in half.
- Put dash black pepper and sprinkle ginger juice on top - dust with flour and set aside.
- Crack eggs into a bowl and whisk. Dip in the oysters and set aside.
- Heat a frying pan with vegetable or canola oil and fry the oysters 2-3 min on each side or until the egg batter turns lightly brown.
Serving Size: 4
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 20 minutes