Green Tea Cheese Cake
It is not easy to find macha (powdered green tea) in the US, but I found "iced green tea powder." It is sweetened so I didn't add much sugar. If you have or can get real macha, use it. Add just 1 tablespoon of macha and 3-4 tablespoons of sugar. In Japan, green tea is a very popular ingredient for desserts, such as green tea cake, green tea ice cream, green tea cookies and so on. It takes a little bit of time to make this cake, but it's very easy. Just mix all ingredients and bake! Please try.
- 8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup whipped cream (thawed)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 individual packets (about 1 oz) of sweetened iced green tea powder (Yamamotoyama)
- 2 tablespoon flour
- 35 Ritz crackers
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Put crackers in the Ziploc and crush. Melt butter in a microwave and add to the cracker. Mix well.
- Transfer the crackers to the baking dish and with hand, press mixture firmly on the bottom of the pan. Chill in the refrigerator until sets.
- In the mean time, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, whip cream cheese and add sugar. Mix well.
- Add eggs, milk and whipped cream to the bowl. Mix well. Then add iced green tea powder and flour. Mix well.
- Pour the batter into the baking dish. Bake for 45-50 minutes.
- When green tea cake is done, sprinkle sesame seeds and let it cool.
- Cover with the plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator until served.
Serving Size: 4-6
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 1 hours, 15 minutes