Garlic Pepper Shrimp
กุ้งกระเทียมพริกไทย Kung Krathiam Phrik Thai
Easy Thai garlic pepper shrimp recipe that takes only a few ingredients: garlic, shrimp, cilantro and a handful of spices. Serve garlic shrimp with steamed rice.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 5 cloves garlic, grated on a microplane
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, minced
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (nam pla)
- 1 ½ tablespoon brown sugar
- 24 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails in tact
- In a medium bowl, mix together the marinade using garlic, red pepper flakes, cilantro, white pepper, fish sauce and brown sugar. Add shrimp and allow it to marinade for 15 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add oil.
- When the skillet is hot enough, add the shrimp mixture including the marinade. Cook shrimp 3 minutes or until just pink.
- Remove shrimp to a serving platter and serve with rice.
Serving Size: 2-4
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 15 minutes