Zesty Orange Shrimp Noodle Salad
This salad has a noodle topping with delicate tempora shrimp and a zesty fresh orange vinaigrette garnished with coconut!It is a nice summertime alternative to BBQ!
- 1- 4.7 ounce package Asian Noodles
- 1 ½ cups fresh orange juice , divided
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 6 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 1/3 cups vegetable oil, divided
- ¼ cup Toasted Sesame Oil
- 5 cups fresh mixed lettuce greens, cleaned and dried
- 1 /4 cup shredded carrots
- 1 /2 cup chopped scallions
- 1 pound, large shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 1 ¼ cup Tempora flour
- 1 cup iced water
- ¼ cup sweetened coconut
- Prepare Noodles by adding 1 cup of water and ½ cup orange juice to the package mix and cooking according to package directions. Remove from heat source and stir then cover and let cool.
- Bring 1 cup orange juice to boil in small saucepan over medium-high heat and simmer until reduced to half about 6 minutes.
- Whisk reduced orange juice, zest, ginger, red pepper flakes , vinegar, and honey together in small bowl. Whisk in 1/3 cup vegetable and sesame oils and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the lettuce, carrots and scallions in a large bowl and add in the noodles. Add half of the dressing and toss together. Set aside.
- To prepare the tempura shrimp heat the 3 cups of vegetable oil in a wok, deep saucepan or small fryer and heat to 350 degrees. Combine the tempura flour with the iced water in a small bowl and mix briefly with chopsticks or a fork. Dip each shrimp /prawn in batter to coat and cook in small batches for about 30 seconds each until they are golden brown. Drain on paper towels .
- To serve, retoss the salad and plate on individual plates. Add shrimp to top each serving and garnish with the coconut and extra dressing.
Serving Size: 4
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 25 minutes