Yuja Cha (Citron Tea)
This tea of citron is a good home remedy for a cold. It takes a week or two to jellify so do it before you feel sick and store it in the fridge.
- 1 lb citron, also called yuzu (yuja 유자)
- l/2 lb sugar or honey
- hot water
- some pine nuts
- Was the citron (yuja 유자) thoroughly and peel the rind (do not discard!). Slice the remaining fruit into discs. Alternate layers of the sliced yuja with sugar or honey and sprinkles of the rind in a jam jar. Press down firmly.
- Leave at room temperature overnight, then put into the refrigerator for about 2 weeks. It should be ready to use.
- To make tea, boil water and add a teaspoonful of the preserved citron
- Boil some hot water - put a teaspoonful or two of the jelly into a cup of hot water. You can garnish with some pine nuts if you like.
Serving Size: 15
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 30 minutes