Vietnamese Lime Soda
Soda Chanh (lime soda) is often listed on Vietnamese restaurant menus. Get revitalized from the hot sun with this refreshing Vietnamese beverage.
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar (add more to suit your sweetness preference)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of simple syrup (made by first boiling together equal parts sugar and water, then letting it cool)
- 3 mint leaves, torn if large (optional)
- 1 to 1 1/4 cups seltzer water
- ice cubes
- lime wedges for garnish
- mint leaves for garnish
- In a tall glass, pour in powdered sugar. If you are using mint leaves, muddle it with the powdered sugar for a few seconds. Layer the glass with lime juice and simple syrup. Add ice cubes until filled to 3/4 of the glass.
- When you are ready to serve or consume, slowly pour seltzer water over the ice cubes. Stir with a a spoon or straw. Decorate glass with a sprig of mint and wedge of lime.
Serving Size: 1
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 15 minutes