Thai Grilled Beef - Neua Yang
เนื้อย่าง - Neua Yang
The unique proposition that Thai food showcases is the ability to have a dish be sweet and savory at the same time. Our recipe for Neua Yang is a quick and delicious summer meal. The ingredients (fish sauce, garlic, soy sauce, etc) in the Thai Grilled Beef recipe serve to not only flavor the beef, but tenderize the cheapest cut of beef. Enjoy!
- 2 garlic gloves, grated on a microplane
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (or white pepper)
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1/4 pounds of beef sirloin
- In a Ziploc bag, mix together the garlic, black pepper, soy sauce, fish sauce and brown sugar.
- Add the beef to the Ziploc bag. Tightly seal the bag, while making sure the bag doesn't have any air. Massage the beef to make sure the marinade thoroughly covers the meat for 5 minutes. Refrigerate for 2-8 hours.
- Grill steak until medium-rare, about 4 minutes per side, depending on desired doneness. Let rest until room temperature then slice thinly against the grain.
- Serve it with sticky rice .
Serving Size: 4
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 30 minutes