Thai Gold Bags with Chicken
ถุงทอง Toong Tong
Gold bags are dainty pouches filled with minced chicken and vegetables. Thai Gold Bags received their name because of its resemblance to bags filled with gold coins.
- 1/2 lb of ground chicken
- 2 wood ear mushrooms, soaked and chopped
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 20 wonton wrappers
- 20 green scallions, green part only (cut each green onion into 3-5 thin strips lengthwise)
- peanut oil (or you can use vegetable oil)
- Thai sweet chili sauce
- In a medium bowl, mix together ground chicken, mushrooms, garlic, green onions, fish sauce, soy sauce, and white pepper.
- Scoop a teaspoonful of mixture onto a wonton wrapper.
- Pull the edges up and pinch to close making a little bag. Repeat until all the mixture is used up.
- Tie with the green part of a scallion. Secure the knot twice.
- In a deep fryer or wok, heat oil until very hot over medium heat
- Deep-fry the wontons until they are crisp & golden. It takes about 4-6 minutes. Drain the wontons on a paper towel to remove excess oil. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- Serve with Thai sweet chili sauce.
Serving Size: 4
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 40 minutes