Thai Coconut Tapioca Pudding
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup small pearl tapioca (not the quick cooking kind)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1⁄8 cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- Optional: sliced mango, lychee or kiwi
- Bring water to a boil in medium sauce pan over medium high heat. Add tapioca pearls. Cook for about 10 to 12 minutes or until tapioca becomes translucent. Stirring frequently to prevent tapioca from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Drain the tapioca pearls in a strainer and rinse under cold running water. Set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan, bring coconut milk, sugar and salt to simmer. Add tapioca pearls. Cook until pudding becomes slightly thickened (about 3 minutes).
- Let cool for 15 minutes. Serve warm or cold. Top with sliced fruit. I like to have fruit that is sour to give a contrast to the sweetness and richness of the pudding
Serving Size: 4-6
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 30 minutes