Szechuan Style Seafood Soup
Fresh seafood, swimming in a spicy broth. My own recipe combining the best Asian flavours with fresh seafood. A meal in a bowl!
- 3 Tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Large Carrots diced
- 2 Celery Stalks, diced
- 1 Medium Onion, diced
- 1 Tablespoon Sriracha Chile Sauce (or to taste
- ½ Cup Dry Red Wine
- 1 Cup diced Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Can (28 Ounce) Whole Plum Tomatoes in juice
- Salt / Pepper to taste
- 1-1/2 Pounds mixed seafood such as calamari, scallops and cleaned shrimp
- 8 Slices crusty bread, like Ciabatta
- 2 cloves garlic, halved
- 3 Tablespoons Cilantro, fresh dill, or Parsley, chopped
- In a heavy pot over medium heat, warm 3 Tablespoons olive oil. Add carrots, celery and onion and sauté, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Stir in the Sriracha Chile Sauce. Add the wine and simmer 1 minute.
- Stir in the red peppers and tomatoes, season with salt/pepper. Cover pot, reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes. Add the seafood, stir well, and simmer 5 minutes or until the seafood is opaque. Taste and adjust Chile Sauce and seasonings as needed.
- Meanwhile, heat a broiler or toaster and toast bread slices. Rub each slice with a garlic clove. Place two toast slices in the bottom of each of four warmed shallow bowls and ladle the soup over the toast. Sprinkle with fresh herbs and serve. ENJOY!!
Serving Size: 4 (Can be increased proportionately)
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 30 minutes