Sushi Rice Salad with Sesame Dressing
Make sushi rice with sesame dressing and roll cannned sardines and cream cheese with lettuce. I am not sure this is Japanese food but I love sushi and try to cook something different always. Cheap food costs but great nuturitious food. I used cream cheese so that even not big fan of sushi people could try.
- 1 cup Japanese Rice/Sushi Rice
- 1/4 cup Rice Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Seed Oil
- 2 cans of Sardines in oil
- 2 oz Cream Cheese
- 8-10 Large leaves of Green Lettuce (use only top)
- 1.Rinse rice several times in running water until water gets clear. Drain in a colander. Cook in a sauce pan with a lid or rice cooker according to package directions. Note, just a little bit less than package directions so that rice is cooked a little bit harder. (To make perfect sushi rice, rice should be cooked little bit harder than regular rice)
- 2.While rice is cooking, in a small bowl, combine rice vinegar, sugar, soy sauce and sesame seeds oil. Mix well. Cut cream cheese into half inch matchsticks. Rinse lettuce and drain sardines.
- 3.When rice is done, transfer to the medium bowl and add 2 and mix gently. Don’t stir too much. Let it cool.
- 4.Place 2 tablespoons of sushi rice on one leaf of lettuce. Then place 1 stick of cream cheese and 1 piece of sardine. Wrap it folding right and left. Make 8-10 rolls.
Serving Size: 4
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 30 minutes