Spicy Tteokbokki (Spicy Long Rice Cake)
- 1 pack tube-shaped tteok (garaetteok 가래떡), approximately 1 lb
- 1 pack fish cake (odeng 오뎅)
- 1 medium-sized round onion
- ¼ cabbage
- 4 shiitake mushrooms (pyogo buhsut 표고버섯)
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 carrot
- Yangnyeom sauce ingredients:
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp hot pepper paste (gochujang 고추장)
- 1 tbsp minced garlic, 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp whole roasted sesame seed (tongkae 통깨)
- Cut tteok into bite sized pieces and soak.
- Meanwhile, cut cabbage, onion, carrot, celery and shiitake mushrooms into thin slices.
- Put all the cut vegetables into a wide saucepan. Drain the tteok and add to the top of the saucepan. Cover and cook on medium heat for about 8-10 min. When the steam starts to come out of the pan, open the lid and put the yangnyeom jang (sauce mixture) and mix well.
- Serve hot - tteok isn't good when it hardens. If you refrigerate, make sure you heat thoroughly so that the tteok is soft again.
Serving Size: 4-5
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 30 minutes