Sengun Gui (Spicy Pan Fried Fish)
This quick and easy fish dish gets a bit of a kick with a bit of some hot pepper paste.
- 1 fresh flounder, sole or golden pompano (1 ½ lb – 2 lb)
- 5 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp hot pepper paste (gochujang 고추장)
- 2 tbsp of chopped green onion
- 1 tbsp crushed garlic
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp ground sesame seed (kaesogum 깨소금)
- pinch fresh ground black pepper
- Wash fish carefully, removing the guts and patting dry with a paper towel. Score the fish on both sides two three times and sprinkle with dash salt and pepper.
- Put the oven on broil.
- Make sauce -- mix together hot pepper paste, chopped green onion, crushed garlic, grated ginger, sesame oil and ground sesame seeds. Mix well, and spoon over the fish on both sides. Cook additional 2-3 minutes on each side, covered.
- Heat a frying pan with some vegetable oil, turn the heat to medium and fry fish 3-5 minutes on each side. Remove the fish to a baking pan.
- Spoon half of the sauce over the fish on both sides. Place in the oven for 2-3 minutes, then add another coat and broil until the sauce turns brown. Then, flip it over to the other side and repeat the process. Remove and serve warm.
Serving Size: 3
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 30 minutes