Seng Sun Jeon (Fried Fish Fillet)
A simple preparation of fish that goes well with spicy Korean food. This can be served as an appetizer or side dish.
- 1 lb fresh cod fillet, if frozen thawed in the refrigerator (can substitute with pollock, catfish or other white fish)
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup flour
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 eggs
- olive oil, or any vegetable oil for frying
- Cut the fish into small pieces, approx 1"x3" sizes. Sprinkle with a dash of salt (about ½ tsp) and dash black pepper. Let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Mix the ½ cup of flour and add ½ tsp salt. Put into a zipper sealed plastic bag or a paper sandwich bag. Add a few of the fish pieces into the bag, shaking around to coat with flour.
- Blend 2 eggs with ½ tsp salt with a fork. Dip each of the flour coated pieces into the egg pieces.
- Heat a frying pan, and cover 2-3 tbsp of oil. When the oil is hot, add enough fish pieces to cover the pan. Fry for 20-30 sec, or until the edges turn brown, flip and cook for additional 20 seconds.
- Arrange on a plate and serve with choganjang dipping sauce.
Serving Size: 2-3
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 30 minutes