Rolled Carrot Salad
This is my original recipe. If you are tired of just carrot salad, try this for a change. Use nori. Believe it or not, you can eat a whole carrot. Rolled carrot salad with nuts and creamy sauce. Cream cheese brings out rich flavor but since it is wrapped with nori, it is neither too rich nor heavy. If you like, add soy sauce then taste would be more Asian. Also if you don’t have a rolling mat, substitute plastic wrap or aluminum foil.
- 4 Carrots
- 4 tablespoons Crushed Cashew Nuts
- 2 oz Cream Cheese, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 3 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons Lemon Juice
- 4 Nori Sheets
- 8 leaves of Green Lettuce
- 1. Peel carrots and cut into julienne-style.
- 2. In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, dijon mustard, mayonnaise, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- 3. Add carrots and Cashew nuts to the bowl and mix well.
- 4. Place nori sheet on rolling mat (Makisu) and place two leaves of lettuce on nori. Then place 1/4 of carrot salad on lettuce and roll. Repeat this and make 4 rolls (serving).
- 5. Cut in three-four and serve.
Serving Size: 4
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 30 minutes