Putgochu Myulchi Bokkeum (Green Pepper & Anchovy Stir Fry)
풋고추 멸치 볶음
I have several recipes for myulchi bokkeum
, which is a type of stir-fried anchovy in Korean. This recipe for myulchi bokkeum uses fresh green peppers, which is a great combination with dried anchovies, which is a great combo. decided to write this one up too because I like this type of side dish a lot; it's a simpler method than the other ones I posted.
- ¾lb - 1lb putgochu peppers (fresh green pepper sold in the Korean groceries) or fresh sweet chili peppers sold in the most any Asian groceries
- 1 cup of small dried anchovy (myulchi 멸치)
- 1 tbsp of soy sauce
- 3 tbsp olive oil (or any vegetable oil)
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp oligo dang (oligo fructose) or sugar, optional
- Wash and cut green pepper into 2-3 parts since they can be very long. Drain or dry with paper towel.
- Heat a frying pan with oil, put cut peppers and stir fry until the peppers are a bit tender, about 7-8 min, then stir in the soy sauce and mix well. Fry a couple of more min.
- Add anchovy and stir fry -- mixing well, for about 3-4 minutes. Add sugar or oligo dang (optional), sprinkle with sesame seed.
- Serve as side dish with rice and other Korean side dishes (banchan).
Serving Size: 3-4
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 15 minutes