Pat Bap (Red Bean Rice)
Sometimes this rice is served in restaurants as an alternative to plain white rice -- I like to make this because I think it's healthier with more protein.
- 2 cup of short grain white rice
- 1 cup sweet rice (chapssal 찹쌀)
- 1 cup red soybean (pat 팥)
- 1 2/3 cups of water
- Wash and soak red bean for l/2 hr, cook in boiling water for 10 min with about 1 cup of water.
- Wash the sweet rice and white rice and soak.
- If you're cooking on a stovetop, add the rice, bean and water into a pot. Boil and simmer for 20 min or until rice gets tender. Mix well, and leave it on for additional 10 minutes on residual heat.
- If you're using a rice cooker, simply add all of the ingredients to the rice cooker and use the "mixed" rice setting (if you have one). Otherwise, the regular cook setting is fine -- you may need to keep the rice on warm for longer after it is done.
Serving Size: 3-4
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 30 minutes