Pa Kimchi (Green Onion Kimchi)
A quick and easy kimchi made using green onions, or scallions.
- 6 bunches of green onion
- 3 tbsp pickled shrimp (saewoojut 새우젓)
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup of hot pepper powder (gochugaru 고추가루)
- 1 tsp whole roasted sesame seed (tongkae 통깨)
- 1 tsp of fish sauce (aekjeot 액젓)
- 1 – 2 tsp salt
- Wash green onions well, and cut in the middle if it’s too thick. Slice into about 3-4" lengths.
- Lightly sprinkle with salt evenly, and set aside for about 10 minutes. When it looks like a little bit of water has been removed, rinse quickly in cold water and drain.
- Mix in a bowl with with pickled shrimp, garlic, sugar, hot pepper powder, fish sauce and sesame seeds. Taste, and adjust salt.
- Put in a jar and press down firmly. Leave at room temperature for 1-2 days, then put in a refrigerator.
Serving Size: 10
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 15 minutes