Oyster Mushroom Pancake (Nutari Busuht Buchim)
In Korean, buchim is used to describe fried things, sometimes like fritters, and sometimes like pancakes. I use a variety of vegetables, egg and mushrooms to create this pancake-like dish.
- 5 large oyster mushrooms (nutari busuht 느타리버섯) - appx 1/2 lb
- 5 medium eggs
- 1 small carrot
- 1 medium sized zucchini
- 1 small onion
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- In a pot, boil a splash of water and a pinch of salt. Place the oyster mushrooms in the boiling water for a few seconds, then slice into thin strips.
- Beat the eggs and slice the vegetables into thin strips using a slicer or by hand. Mix together, and add the mushrooms.
- On heated skillet, add some vegetable oil and place the batter on the frying pan using a large spoon. Spread the vegetables out with the spoon so they are evenly distributed throughout the pancake.
- Cook about 50 second on each side and serve while it's warm.
Serving Size: 3-4
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 25 minutes