Nam Phrik - Thai Chili Garlic Dipping Sauce
In Thailand, every household has a different variation on the Nam Phrik recipe. However, Nam Prik has all the same basic ingredients: garlic, fresh chilies, fish sauce and lime juice.
- 2 large cloves garlic, peeled
- 20 fresh Thai chili peppers (in a variety of colors)
- 1 tbsp fish sauce (nam plah)
- Juice of 1 large fresh lime
- 1/2 tsp sugar (optional)
- Using a mortar and pestle, pound the garlic, and chilies into a chunky paste.
- Add fish sauce, lime juice, and sugar (if desired). Serve as a condiment to steamed vegetables or grilled meats. Serves 4.
- Notes: you may need to lower the number of chilies depending on your spice level.
Serving Size: 4
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 10 minutes