Muchae Namul (Thinly Sliced Radish)
무채 나물 / 무생채 나물
The simple radish dish doubles as a banchan or a fresh salad.
- 1 medium sized Korean radish (moo 무), approximately 2 lb
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 3 tbsp sugar
- l/2 tbsp hot pepper powder (gochugaru 고추가루)
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- l/2 tsp salt
- ½ tbsp pine nuts
- Wash and peel the white radish. Thinly slice, matchstick style -- you can use a shredder or mandolin.
- Dissolve the sugar and salt in the vinegar. Mix well, then sprinkle thoroughly on the shredded radish. Mix it well with your hands. Set aside for 2-3 hours, mixing it from time to time.
- Add hot pepper powder (gochugaru 고추가루) to the radish mixture, mixing well.
- Cook the minced garlic in the miicrowave for about 20 seconds, then cool it and add to the radish mixture.
- Sprinkle pine nuts, mixing again. Taste and add more salt if necessary.
Serving Size: 6
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 20 minutes