Miso Kale Chips
Pair kale with miso for a salty, earthy, crunchy snack. I use white miso here since it's a lighter tasting. Try not to overdo the miso as it can dominate the kale. Kale shrinks dramatically so double this recipe to serve more.
- 1 bunch of kale
- 2 tbsp water
- pinch of brown sugar
- 1 tbsp white miso (shiro miso)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or foil.
- Prep the kale -- remove the thick stems (you can fold the leaves in half and slice the stem or you can lay the leaves flat and cut a "V" around the stem). Wash, pat or spin dry and chop roughly.
- In a mixing bowl, add the brown sugar, water and miso. Whisk to a smooth consistency. Add the olive oil and whisk together. Using your hands, coat the kale pieces evenly, but lightly. Resist the temptation to sop up extra sauce with the kale.
- Spread the kale out on the baking sheets -- space them out well so they cook crisply. Bake for 7-9 mins, or until crispy. Eat immediately or scrape off and let dry for later.
Serving Size: 2
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 5 minutes