Miso Curry Soup Udon
My recipe is modified from traditional. This is light, quick meal and popular food in lunch or light supper. You can add any of your favorite vegetable, meat or seafood.
- 1 LB (1.6 oz) Udon
- 3.5 oz Curry sauce mix, medium-hot
- 3/4 cup Seasoning soy sauce, “tsuyu no moto”
- 1 tablespoon Miso
- 2 teaspoons Curry powder
- 8 cups Water, for curry soup
- 1/4 cup dried seaweed
- 1/2 cup Mushroom, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup (can) Bamboo shoot, boiled, sliced
- 6 oz Baby spinach
- 8 pieces Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 LB Chicken thigh meat, boneless skinless
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt, for chicken
- 1 pinch Ground pepper, for chicken
- 4 Eggs
- 4 tablespoons Green onion, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon Shichimi Togarashi, red pepper mix
- Heat soup pot on high heat then water and seasoning soy sauce and bring to a boil.
- Reduce medium heat add mushroom, dried seaweed, onion and Bamboo shoot until all stuff to be cooked.
- Add Curry sauce mix and miso put into mixture.
- Bring 4 quarts of water in pasta pot to rolling boil, cook the udon as instructed. I tend to boil for 8-10 minutes.
- Prepare sauce pot, get water to boil slightly on low heat, add salt then poach eggs 3-5 minutes gently. Take off from water and wipe extra water out with paper towel.
- Heat skillet on medium heat, shrimp to cook then season with salt and pepper.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, heat skillet on medium heat then cook the chicken.
- Udon and curry soup to place into large soup bowl, then top with grilled shrimp, grilled chicken, poached egg, green onion, baby spinach and shichimi togarashi topping to serve it.
Serving Size: 6
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 30 minutes