Massaman Chicken Curry with Potatoes
Classic Massamam curry has potatoes as a key ingredient to absorb all the spices. This popular curry is typical of southern Thai cooking.
- 1 chicken breast, sliced into chunks
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 large green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/4 cup of Massamam curry or 1-can of Massamam curry
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 5 cardamom seeds
- 2 star anise
- 2 tablespoons palm sugar
- 3 tablespoons tamarind paste
- In a large sauce pan with the oil, saute the chicken until cooked. Remove chicken from pan.
- In the same sauce pan, saute the cinnamon, cardamom, star anise until fragrant. Add the green peppers. Stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the Massamam curry until fragrant. Add the chicken and potatoes. Mix well.
- Add the coconut milk, tamarind paste and palm sugar. Simmer over medium low heat until potatoes are cooked through - about 12 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve with rice.
Serving Size: 4
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 30 minutes