Mango Lassi Recipe
I recently found out that there are about 1,500 varieties of mangoes in India. And here I am, dividing the world of mangoes into the "big" red/green mangoes and the "small" yellow mangoes. Well, at least those are the two types that I see the most here. With that said, the type of mango that you use for the classic and popular mango lassi is important. Some recipes call for mango pulp, which is a good option in the winter when fresh mango is not available. Try to find a sweet, fleshy (and less fibrous) mango for your lassi.
- a few ice cubes
- 2 cups of chopped & peeled mangoes
- 1 1/2 cups of yogurt
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 3 tbsp sugar
- pinch of cardamom
- top with ground pistachios, or chopped mint leaves
- Add all of the ingredients except for the ice and blend for a few minutes.
- Throw the ice cubes in the blender and blend until smooth.
- Taste -- add more milk and sugar as necessary to create the consistency that you like.
Serving Size: 3
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 5 minutes