Kongnamul Guk (Bean Sprout Soup)
- 1 lb bean spouts (kongnamul 콩나물), cleaned
- 2 tsp anchovy powder (myulchi 멸치) or 2 cups of clear chicken broth
- 2 stalks of green onion
- 2 tsp of minced garlic
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 5 cups of water
- pinch of red pepper flakes (gochugaru 고추가루)
- Clean the bean sprouts, taking the tails off (this is optional) and the skin off the bean sprout heads. Put the cleaned bean sprout in a 4 qt pot.
- Add 5 cups of water and sprinkle with 1 tbsp of salt, anchovy (myulchi powder) or the chicken broth if you are using that as a substitute and boil on medium heat about 10 mins.
- Add the green onions and garlic and cook for 3 or 4 more minutes (if you'd like it a little spicy, you can add the red pepper flakes now as well); sprinkle with salt and black pepper to taste and serve.
Serving Size: 4-5
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 20 minutes