Kongnamul Bap (Bean Sprout Rice)
This is kind of an easy, homestyle dish of rice and beansprouts.
- 1 lb bean sprouts (kongnamul 콩나물)
- 8 oz pork tenderloin
- 2 cups of rice
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- Ingredients for sauce:
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp clear soy sauce (guk ganjang 국간장)
- 1 tsp fish sauce (optional)
- 1 tbsp onion juice
- 1 tbsp pear juice (optional)
- 1 stalk of green onion chopped
- 3 tsp of hot pepper powder (gochugaru 고추가루)
- 3 tsp of sesame oil (chamgirum 참기름)
- Clean bean spouts, take caps off and skin - and set aside.
- Cut pork in small pieces and brown in skillet using pinch of salt and pepper.
- If you are using the rice cooker, place the meat on the bottom, then add the rice, then add the bean sprouts on top (and the water you would normally use for that amount of rice ~ 1 1/2 cups). Using a rice cooker, set it for regular cooking. When rice is cooked, stir it around mixing all the ingredients.
- This can also be cooked on the stove top. Place in the same order (meat, rice then sprouts). Bring it to a boil, and cook on medium heat for 20 min. Turn heat off and leave it on for additional 10 min.
- On a large bowl, scoop out right amount of rice serving per individual, and serve with sauce. Each person can mix own dish up to their taste.
Serving Size: 3-4
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 30 minutes