Kimchi Bokkeumbap - Kimchi Fried Rice
- 2 cup of cooked white rice
- 1 cup overripe baechu kimchi (napa kimchi) cut into small pieces with liquid
- 1 1/2 oz of pork, ground beef, or ham - you can also use SPAM or hot dog
- 2 stalks green onions
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- l/4 yellow onion
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp of olive oil or any vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook your rice. I find it's best to cook it on the dry side, so use less water than you would if you were making the rice normally.
- Slice and chop green onions, onion, and mince garlic.
- I use ham in this recipe since that's what I happened to have in the fridge ... that is what is good about this dish - you can use what you have. If you are using raw pork or beef, cut pork into small pieces and season with soy sauce, some of the minced garlic and black pepper. Brown the meat in a large frying pan with a little bit of oil, and add chopped onions.
- Add chopped kimchi and cook for 5 min. Add minced garlic and green onion – cook for additional 2-3 min.
- Add the cooked rice into the pan and mix all the ingredients well. Add 1-2 tbsp of sesame oil. Get your kimchi jar out and pour some of the liquid into the rice, mixing thoroughly. Add more kimchi juice to taste - as well as salt and pepper.
- For garnish, you can cook eggs sunny side up and serve. You can also add thinly sliced roasted seaweed (gim) and some sesame seeds.
Serving Size: 4
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 30 minutes