Kimchi Bokkeum (Stir Fried Kimchi)
This kimchi bokkeum recipe mellows out the spice of regular kimchi by rinsing it and frying it. Makes a good side dish with rice. (Note this is different from kimchi bokkeum bap
, which is kimchi fried rice!)
- 1 head ripe whole napa cabbage head (baechu kimchi -- this is called a pogi)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sesame powder (kaesogum 깨소금)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp anchovy powder (myulchi garu 멸치 가루)
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 stroke green onion
- dash black pepper
- Wash off the leafy outer layer of the head of kimchi and put it in a large pot or container of water and leave it it for 2-3 minutes. Remove it from water and squeeze, then slice into small 3-4" long, narrow pieces.
- In a bowl, add kimchi, sesame moil, sesame seed powder, minced garlic, soy sauce and black pepper. Mix well.
- Put oil into a frying pan on medium heat. Add kimchi mixture. Stir fry for a 5-6 min to get the seasoning absorbed into kimchi pieces. Chop green onion, and add it to the pan, quickly turn it around, and sprinkle with more sesame seeds. Serve warm or cold.
Serving Size: 6
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 20 minutes