Hoisin Ginger Spare Ribs
My childhood was spent with happy memories cooking with my parents or my grandparents. I learned this simple recipe from my grandfather, when I was ten. It used to be my job as a kid to mix together the marinade and massage the spare ribs. My grandfather would grill the ribs, and the entire family would eat in our backyard surrounded by our vegetable garden.
Our Hoisin Ginger Spare Ribs recipe has three simple ingredients. It's the perfect recipe for entertaining during the spring/summer months. You can marinade it ahead of time and grill when your guests arrive. Serve it with sticky rice
and cucumber achat
. I hope you have happy memories similar to my memories.
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 inches of ginger, grated on a microplane
- 4 lbs of spare ribs
- In a Ziploc bag (largest size possible), mix together the Hoisin sauce, ginger and spare ribs.
- Make sure the ribs are thoroughly coated with the Hoisin and ginger marinade. Once the Ziploc bag is tightly closed, massage the ribs for 10 minutes.
- Refrigerate the spare ribs for at least 1 hour, preferably overnight.
- Grill the ribs until cooked through (best on a charcoal grill).
Serving Size: 4-6
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 30 minutes