Hobak Namul (Korean Squash Salad)
A super easy and quick way to prepare hobak, or Korean squash. You can substitute regular zucchini instead.
- 3 med size Korean squash (hobak 호박), you can substitute zucchini instead
- 1 tbsp of salt
- 1 tbsp of olive or sesame oil for cooking
- 2 tsp of minced garlic
- 2 stalks of green onion, chopped
- 2 sliced jalapeno peppers (optional)
- 2 tsp of ground sesame seed, for garnish
- Slice thinly, approx l/8" thick, sprinkle with salt, let sit about 10 min. Drain the water or squeeze out excess water.
- Heat the frying pan and lightly cover with oil, add squash and saute on high heat, stirring frequently. Fry for about 5 minutes -- until tender but not mushy.
- Add green onion, jalapeno peppers (optional) and sesame seed for garnish.
Serving Size: 6-8
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 15 minutes