Iced hibiscus tea or agua de Jamaica is a favorite beverage in areas of hot weather. Thai hibiscus tea is perfect as a light and thirst quenching drink. It is often sold in Thai food stalls in a plastic bag. Our simple recipe produces a sweet and tangy tea that is not only a crowd pleaser, but a kid pleaser.
- 8 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups dried hibiscus flowers
- Ice cubes
- Boil the water and sugar in a large pot. Turn the heat off, and add the hibiscus flowers.
- Place a cover on the pot and let it steep for about 15 minutes.
- Strain the hibiscus tea into a large pitcher.
- Serve the tea in a glass full of ice.
Serving Size: 2 quarts
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 15 minutes