Grilled Chicken Skewers with Lemon Leaves
Gà nướng lá chanh
This recipe for Gà nướng lá chanh is from Hanoi-based Chef Didier Corlou
, owner and chef behind La Verticale and the recently-opened Madame Hiên. Chef Corlou, born in Brittany and who first arrived in Vietnam in 1991, is a master of mixing combining French and Vietnamese ingredients and techniques.
- 2000 gr chicken
- 100 gr shallots
- 50 pieces of lemon leaves
- 3 soup spoons of fish sauce
- 3 cm of fresh turmeric root
- 4 soup spoons of cooking oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Bone the chicken, cut the meat into serving pieces.
- Chopped very well the shallots, cut julienne about 20 pieces of lemon leaves.
- Marinate the chicken meat with a little of fish sauce, turmeric juice, salt, pepper, shallots, lemon leaves, cooking oil. Let marinate for about 2 hours (or longer if possible).
- Cut the remained whole lemon leaves into nice rectangular pieces, roll 1 piece of chicken in each lemon leaf, put onto the bamboo skewer, and grill over the charcoal heat.
- Serve hot with steam rice, a little light sauce with lemon juice
Serving Size: 6
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 30 minutes