Green Tea Ice Cream
抹茶アイスクリーム Matcha aisu kurīmu
I love making this recipe for green tea ice cream because it is high in flavor and doesn't require an ice cream maker and only has two ingredients. The first time I made it, it was so good I wished I had made more. I also couldn't believe how easy it was to make matcha ice cream.
- 1 pint of vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 2 tablespoons of matcha powder (green tea powder)
- The secret to making green tea ice cream is to use the best store bought vanilla ice cream you can find. I normally let it soften in the fridge for 20 minutes. In a medium bowl, scoop out the vanilla ice cream from its container.
- Slowly add the green tea powder to the ice cream by half tablespoons. This step is crucial because you want to make sure the green tea is evenly distributed. If the ice cream starts to melt too fast, put the bowl in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Thoroughly mix the ice cream and matcha powder together until all the matcha powder is used. Refreeze the ice cream for another 30 minutes. Serve when frozen.
Serving Size: 2-3
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 10 minutes