I learned how to make this from a friend who was pregnant. This Thai ginger lemonade helped her nausea during her first 5 months of pregnancy. I love it because it tastes delicious and refreshing. Ginger lemonade is perfect to have during the warmer months!
- 5 inch ginger, sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 4 cups of water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice (approximately 8 lemons)
- 10 cups of cold water
- In a large sauce pan, bring ginger and 4 cups of water to a boil. Once the water is boiling, lower the heat; simmer the ginger water over medium low heat for 20 minutes. Remove from heat. Add sugar and stir until dissolved. Allow ginger sugar water to cool. Once cool, remove ginger slices.
- Pour ginger water into a large pitcher. Stir in lemon juice.
- Add 10 cups of cold water to the pitcher.
- Serve with ice.
Serving Size: 8-10
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 15 minutes