Gim Muchim (Seasoned Seaweed)
This is a very easy and quick side dish. It keeps for about a week or two.
- 30 sheets of dried green seaweed (parae dolgim 파래돌김) -- this is a crusty and green type of seaweed
- 1/3 cup of soy sauce
- 3 tbsp of cooking wine (I use Mirin brand)
- 3 tbsp of sesame oil
- ¼ cup of water, boiled and cooled
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp hot pepper powder (gochugaru 고추가루)
- 1 stalk of green onion
- 2 tsp roasted roasted whole sesame seed (tongkae 통깨)
- Roast the seaweed sheets in the oven at low heat until it becomes green on both sides. Crush the seaweed sheets into small pieces into a large bowl using both hands.
- Chop green onion into small pieces.
- Mix the soy sauce, cooking wine, sesame oil, water, sugar and hot pepper powder in a small bowl. Pour over the gim pieces, covering evenly. As a last step, add green onion pieces and sprinkle the sesame seeds.
- It should make about 2 cups. Store the leftovers in a container in the refrigerator -- it can keep for a week or two as a basic side dish with rice.
Serving Size: 10
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 20 minutes