Dubu Jorim (Fried Tofu With Sauce)
- 1 6 oz package of dubu (tofu), firm
- 5 pyogo buhsut (shiitake mushrooms)
- 2 green bell peppers
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- l/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- dash of cornstarch
- vegetable oil
- ground white pepper and sesame seeds
- For the sauce
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp cooking wine
- 3 tbsp water from the soaked pyogo buhsut (shiitake mushrooms)
- Drain tofu, towel off the excess water and cut into 1" cubes. Sprinkle with l/4 tsp salt and white ground pepper l/8 tsp over dubu and set aside.
- Wash and soak mushrooms for l/2 hour, remove the stems and cut caps into quarters.
- Mix mushrooms with 1 tbsp of soy sauce, 1/2 tbsp of sugar, 1 tbsp of sesame oil and a pinch of white ground pepper. Set aside.
- Cut red and green peppers into halves lengthwise and finely chop crosswise.
- Coat tofu and mushrooms with cornstarch and deep fry, or until color turns brown. Set aside.
- Combine all of the ingredients for the sauce and bring to a boil in a deep pan. Add fried tofu and mushrooms and mix well to evenly coat the sauce.
- Add the sliced peppers, 2 tbsp of honey and 2 tbsp of sesame oil. Mix quickly and remove from heat. Garnish with sesame seeds on top.
Serving Size: 4-5
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 30 minutes