Daeji Bulgogi (Spicy Korean Pork BBQ)
A spicier, pork version of Korean BBQ favorite, bulgogi.
- 1 med size yellow onion
- 3 stalks of green onion
- 3 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine for cooking
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2-3 thin slices of ginger
- ½ cup hot pepper paste (gochujang 고추장)
- 1 tbsp of hot pepper powder (gochugaru 고추가루)
- 2 tbsp sesame seed oil (chamgirum 참기름)
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 3 lb pork shoulder meat sliced thinly (Asian markets sell sliced thin)
- 2 tbsp whole roasted sesame seed (tongkae 통깨)
- Roughly chop the yellow and green onions. Put both into a food processor, adding the soy sauce, cooking wine, garlic and ginger. Grind it until a rough paste. Remove from mixer into a large bowl.
- Mix in the red pepper paste, red pepper powder, sesame oil and sugar.
- Marinate the pork with the mixture and let it sit for 1/2 - 1 hour.
- Bring a pan to medium heat and fry marinated pork well, until each side is browned, about 4-6 minutes on each side. Garnish with sesame seeds.
- Serve with sangchu ssam or alone with rice.
Serving Size: 8-10
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 30 minutes