Creamy Mandarin Orange and Almond Dessert Soup
I enjoy creating my own recipes which are usually a twist on a classic recipe in some ethic culture. Since my husband was born and raised in China I am partial to Asian cooking and have developed many recipes over the years that use the foods and flavors of China.
- 1 cup long grain white rice, cooked and cooled
- 1 can(14 ounces) unsweetened light coconut milk
- 2 cups orange juice
- 2 cans(11 ounces each) mandarin orange segments, drained
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/3 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1 Tbsp finely minced ginger root
- garnish- crystallized ginger bits and mint sprigs
- 1. Place the rice, coconut milk, orange juice, orange segments, honey, 1/4 cup almonds and the ginger root in a blender container.
- 2. Blend till smooth.
- 3. Cover and refrigerate till chilled.
- 4. At serving time garnish each serving with ginger bits, mint and the remaining almonds.
Serving Size: 4
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 15 minutes