Chinese vegetarian spring rolls
Spring rolls, everybody's favorite. Dip into sweet chilli sauce, soy & ginger sauce, even teriyaki sauce. Or just pick up and devour as is.
Tempted? Now you can make these at home too. So quick, simple and easy. Make a large batch and freeze for an anytime snack.
- Small bunch spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
- 3 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Small red chilli
- 1" Piece ginger, grated
- 100g beansprouts
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 1/2 chinese cabbage, finely sliced
- 1 tbs dark soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp Soft brown sugar
- 8 Squares of spring roll pastry
- Heat 1 tbs of vegetable (or groundnut) oil in a wok and add spring onions, garlic, ginger & chilli and fry gently for 5 minutes. Add the beansprouts, carrot and cabbage and stir fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Tip into a bowl, add the soy sauce, sugar and seasoning to taste, stir mixture well and leave to cool.
- Cut the spring roll wrappers in half. Put spoonfuls of mixture onto wrapper and roll up tightly, seals end with a little water.
- Oven bake or deep fry.
Serving Size: 16
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 15 minutes