Chinese Chives with Dried Tofu
I enjoyed this dish made by my sister's mother-in-law, and asked for the recipe to share here. I like how simple it is, and the fact that the tofu is dried lends a much smokier, flavorful taste than fresh tofu.
- 8 oz dried tofu, thinly sliced
- 3/4 to 1 lb of chinese chives or flowering chinese chives cut into 1.5 in segments
- soy sauce (to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- cooking oil
- Heat cooking oil in a stir fry pan. Add the dried tofu slices and soy sauce (start off with about 1 tablespoon). Stir so the pieces are coated with soy sauce and until the tofu looks a bit soft and browned. Set aside on a plate.
- Add the chopped chives in the same pan, and fry until wilted. Add salt to taste.
- Add the tofu back and mix well.
Serving Size: 2-3
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 10 minutes