Chinese BBQ spare ribs
We just love these spare ribs. Sometimes I make up a batch and we just sit & eat them whilst watching a film. Not the healthiest meal in the world, but oh so good.
Alternatively, they make a tasty starter to a chinese meal. Especially if you have guests too; everybody tucks into a large plate of ribs whilst chatting and enjoys getting all sticky.
- 500g Pork spare ribs
- 2 tbs Clear runny honey
- 2 tbs Soft dark brown sugar
- 2 tbs Tomato ketchup
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbs French mustard
- 1 tbs Rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Five spice powder
- Line a roasting tin with foil. Pour in approx 2 tbs vegetable (or groundnut) oil, add the ribs turning to coat in oil and season with salt & pepper. Place in a preheated oven at 200 for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put remaining ingredients into a jug and stir well to combine.
- Remove the ribs from the oven and pour over the sauce, turn the ribs until well coated. Return to oven and roast for 45 minutes. Turning occasionally.
- Lower oven temperature to 180. Turn ribs over again and return to oven for a further 45 minutes or until meat is tender and the sauce is syrupy. If becoming a little dry, cover with foil.
Serving Size: 3-4
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 10 minutes