Chicken & Vegetable Stir-fry with Peanut Sauce
We love Asian cuisine, but with 4 kids and a busy schedule it's not always easy or affordable to eat out. I created this inexpensive, quick & easy recipe to recreate the flavors that we all love to enjoy at home.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken cut into 2” pieces
- 3 TBs vegetable oil
- 3/4 Cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 Cup lo-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Cup hot water
- 2 tsp Sambal chili paste
- 2 TBs brown sugar
- 4 Cups napa cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 Cup sliced red peppers cut into 2” pieces
- 1/4 Cup scallions + extra for garnish
- 8 oz rice noodles, prepared & drained
- In a large deep skillet, heat 2 TB oil over med-hi.
- Add chicken, stirring occasionally until cooked through, about 6-7 minutes.
- Remove from pan, set aside covered.
- Add 1 TB oil to the same skillet. When hot, add cabbage, peppers, & scallions. Stir fry 5 minutes until tender-crisp. Add rice noodles & toss until heated through.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk peanut butter, hot water, chili paste, & brown sugar over medium heat until completely smooth.
- Divide vegetable & noodle mixture evenly onto plates. Top with chicken, then peanut sauce. Garnish with sliced scallions.
Serving Size: 4-6
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 15 minutes